Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:35:49 GMT by
Hello I'm self employed declared in France. All my income come from my business online with French clients. I'm fiscal resident of both countries. Every 3 months I declare what I earn to the "URSAFF" which is in charge of collecting cotisations from selfemployed people in France. I pay taxes on what I've earned every 3 months (roughly 25%). When I declare my personal tax in France I don't have tax to pay due to my low income. I have a pre-settelment visa and need to fill a Self Employment. How can I show the tax I've already paid to the French Goverment (the total cotisations I've made to URSAFF each 3 months) on my tax return ? I don't want to be taxed twice for the same income I'm making and wish to know how to report the best my income. Many thanks
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:23:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You will declare the income as self employment and then also show it on the foreign section in order to claim foreign tax credit relief. The income must be declared in sterling.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.