Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:36:11 GMT by
Hi! I live in the UK but inherited an asset abroad from my grandfather, who is Brazilian and has never lived in the UK. Currently my parent live in this house so I have no capital gain with the asset. How should I declare this in the self assessment? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 11:06:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

There is no need to declare this at this time.

It will only be when the property is rented out or sold that you need to declare income received from it.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.