Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:03:48 GMT by
Hi, I came to UK from HKG in Sep2022 and for FY 2022/2023 , I only had foreign rental income and foreign bank interest income and I have completed all self assessment procedure correctly via UK Tax Accountant bind with DTA. But for the period from Fiscal Year Apr2024/2025, I may start work for company in Hong Kong and I will start receive salary from Hong Kong company under HKD if finally the deal come true and I will do self assessment to declare both my foreign rental income, bank interest income as well as my total foreign salary income. Do tax return procedure (Foreign rental income /Bank interest) and (Foreign rental income /Bank interest + Foreign salary income) are identical and applicable with DTA also?
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:16:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As the work will be done on UK soil, you need to declare it here and you will use the same UTR that you have for the rental income. All income must be declared in sterling. You can see guidanc ehere:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.