Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:34:46 GMT by
I have to do SA for first time in years but have already received a correction for overpayment for the 22/23 tax year. I can find nowhere on the SA to include this so the calculation says that I am owed the money that has already been repaid. The calculation is correct as at 5/4/2023. Had to do SA due to slightly over 50000 and so I owe about £100 child benefit repayment
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:52:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi danmi67,
If you have already received a repayment for the tax year you're filing for, and need to declare this repayment on your return, enter the amount already repaid in the box under 'Tax refunded or set-off', towards the end on your return.
If you'd like us to review the correction or your return, contact us by webchat or phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.