Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:08:38 GMT by Manoj Kapoor
Hi my income for tax year 2023/24 will be over £50k and we are getting child benefit. Do I need to fill self assessment form or will the HICBC will be deducted by adjusting my tax code? Or will this be assessed against new threshold of £60k
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:47:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Manoj Kapoor,
If above £50K for 2023/24 then a Self Assessment will be due.
If not already registered you can register online here:
Register for Self Assessment if you are not self-employed
The new threshold of £60K is for the 2024/25 tax year onwards. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.