Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 22:43:50 GMT by Sarguna Pandian Gunasekaran
HMRC has sent me a letter to return the overpayment made by HMRC for the tax year 2017/2018. This is the year I came into UK and filled my Tax return and I do not have my P60 or the Bank account I had then, I have closed the Bank account few years back and changed two employers from 2018. Also I was an expat under deputation at that point of time. I am not sure whether received the payments that HMRC claims or I am not able to valdiate the assessment HMRC has carried out. I am asked to payback £2000 . Any pointer on how to handle this one.
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:10:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As this is for the tax year 2017/18 then you would not be able to view this online. To review and advise on this you would need to contact our Self Assessment team so we can access your record.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.