Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:38:37 GMT by A Wong
Hi HMRC team For the tax year 2022/2023, I have two cases want to know how to do. Case 1: Income sources from : (i) Salary: around 9700 pounds from UK firm have P60 (ii) Interest: UK interest less than 1,000 pounds; Foreign interest around 2,500 pounds (iii)Dividends: less than 150 pounds (iv) Capital Gain less than 12,300 pounds. In this case, is it need to do the self assessment? Case2: Income sources from : (i) Interest: UK interest around 5,600 pounds; Foreign interest around 9,900 pounds (ii) Dividend: Foreign dividend around 1,900 pounds; (iii) Capital gain less than 12,300 pounds (iv) Freelance salary less than 1,000 pounds. In this case, is it need to do the self assessment? If need to do self assessment, such as freelance salary is below 1,000 pounds, whether need to report this salary, if need it, how to report it? Thanks in advance. 

Name removed admin .
Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 11:05:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can view the Self Assessment criteria here:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

If a return is required and you file online, you will go through the 'Tailor Your Return' section which will ask you about the income you received in the tax year and generate the sections you need to complete. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.