Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 19:34:35 GMT by DrGrae
Hello I'm wondering if the 24/25 tax code I just received in the mail will be changed automatically in the next few days to allow for the changes to the High Income Child Benefit Charge? Or will I have to call a help line? My tax code letter tells me the code includes "a deduction to recover the child benefit you or your partner receives as we expect your income to exceed £50000" . But this statement is now out of date as the charge is only due on income above £60000. Surely I will not have to wait until I submit my tax return later in 2025 to recover the tax that looks like it is going to be deducted, but is no longer due?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:40:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
As this is an emergent change to the way the Higher Income Child Benefit Charge is taxed, we're working to finalise how this change will affect your code, and your record.
You can find updates and guidance on - just search for 'budget'

You must be signed in to post in this forum.