Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:25:53 GMT by
This year I disposed of some US stocks but never repatriated the earnings. Should I declare these as Capital Gains in my SA or as Foreign earnings? Should I calculate using the exchange rate at the time I sold the shares?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:38:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi simon jackson,
This would be capital gains and you can use any of the exchange rates specified.
Please refer to HMRC currency exchange average rates here:
Exchange rates from HMRC in CSV and XML format.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.