Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:37:41 GMT by
I have gone through the steps that HMRC set to find out, but my situation is quite unique so I still feel unclear. I have been self employed since 2009. I was on working tax credits until I got a part time job (2015-2020), after this I re-applied for universal credit and was put on a self-employed programme where after a certain amount of time I was supposed to be earning a certain amount and support stopped. My universal credit payments ended in Dec 2022. So for the tax year 2022-2023 I was mainly on universal credit. For the last three months of the tax year I had a part time job, which I paid tax on, and my self-employed earnings came to £0 after expenses. I have assumed I wouldn't be filling out a tax return for tax year 2022-2023 but I am now worried that maybe I should be. Or maybe I need to make a declaration that my earnings were under £1000 for that tax year? Many thanks for any advice you can give
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 08:04:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Boe Huntress,
Please refer to:
Self Assessment tax returns
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.