Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 20:36:23 GMT by jameml
I received a pension lump sum payment which was paid in the Republic of Ireland. As this was paid in the Republic of Ireland, not the UK, should this be added to Foreign Income, not to 'UK pensions, annuities and other state benefits received’. I am a UK resident and PAYE worker. The pension is from when I worked in the Republic of Ireland.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:11:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi jameml,
The tax treaty with the UK and Ireland, allows the UK to tax your pension and lump sums.
If you have paid tax on this in Ireland, you will need to claim a repayment from the Irish tax authorities, so that you are not taxed twice.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.