Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 May 2024 09:04:26 GMT by pelliers
Hello, we have just recently moved back to the UK after living 2 years in an EU country. We were supposed to move back to our own house but the tenant couldnt leave so we are staying in our friends house in the mean time. But hoping to move back our house within a month or so. Our address on the HMRC system is still our EU address which is our house as well, not occupied by anyone else. I am staring a new job next week. So i was wondering what to do our address info on the HMRC system? 1- Keeping as it is until we move back to our own house? Any issue to start working in the UK with an EU address on the HMRC? 2- Changing our address to our friends address? where we would be staying literaly 3-4 weeks only? 3 - Changing our address to our own house? we have a re-direction order anyway, so we would be receiving letters in our friends address, also our tenant is nice, she would inform us when we receive letters. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 12:22:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are no longer at the EU address then your address would need to be amended to the correct address for you. If you have a redirection order and are going to moving into your own house shortly then it would be best to update to this address. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.