Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 14:23:24 GMT by
I have a share of a property in the UK which is rented out. For the last three years I have lived in Zambia where I pay income tax on my salary. My wife is still lives in the UK. I have received an email saying that I can't use the HMRC's Self Assessment on-line form to complete my return as I live overseas. I used those forms last year with no issue. Why is there a change meaning I'm instructed to purchase third party software?
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 08:39:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As a non UK resident you are required to complete a residence page with your tax return and this cannot be done online with HMRC software, this has always been the case. You will need to purchase third party software to file. You can see more information here:

Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.