Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Aug 2024 18:00:05 GMT by laurasmith87
I am hoping some people can help me. I sell on Etsy and registered for self assessment, I have an accountant that handles that for me. I am about to become VAT registered due to getting close to the threshold. Etsy is already a bit if a minefield when it comes to their CSVs for sales/fees etc, I use A2X software to break down the CSV for me and then manually input that against the bank transaction (payment received by Etsy). As I am not yet VAT registered I have not yet entered a VAT number on Etsy, so at the moment all transactions are not showing VAT, so I am wanting to wrap my head around how this is going to work, and most importantly how best to record the figures needed on Xero. Ideally in the most cost effective way!! Does anyone have advice on software used to make sure I am getting the correct info and recording it correctly. Or is it best to work off the Etsy CSV. Basically any advice will be very much appreciated, the whole thing is a tad overwhelming to the point where I wish I had scaled things back and not got this close to threshold! Thank you in advance
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2024 06:09:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi laurasmith87,
HMRC cannot recommend a specific software which would cater to your needs.
However there is a list of Making Tax Digital software available on our website.
Please see below:
Find software that's compatible with Making Tax Digital for VAT
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.