Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:04:23 GMT by N.L. So
As I am still waiting for the UTR and not likely can send out the paper form SA109 by post before deadline by 31 October, 2023. Can SA109 to be submitted online?
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:30:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

It cannot be submitted online using HMRC software.

You can download the SA109 from our website along with any other pages that you require and send the return in without the UTR. 

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:02:51 GMT by N.L. So
Thanks for your reply. As I just got this feedback, afraid the deadline could not be met. Apart from HMRC software, can I use any third party software to submit the SA109 online? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 13:19:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi N.L. So,
If you have or can obtain a government gateway user ID and password (you need to be able to verify your identity to get one) you can use it to submit a commercial tax return, that include the residence section instead.
There is a list of commercial supplierswho for a fee, will let you use their tax return to submit online:
Self Assessment commercial software suppliers
The HMRC version, cannot be used to submit a non resident tax return.
If you cannot verify your identity, then your only options are to submit a paper tax return or employ an agent to submit it for you.
The Self Assessment tax return must be submitted as a whole, either online or via a paper version.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.