Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 08:09:26 GMT by Dixon So
Hi, I arrived in the UK on 24th July 2023. At that time, I was previously employed by a Hong Kong company on a contract basis, which allowed me to work from home in the UK until 1st October 2023. Aside from my foreign employment, I have set up an Individual Savings Account with a UK bank and have been receiving interest regularly. I was wondering whether I need to sign up for Self Assessment Return this tax year and pay for National Insurance or not. Thank you for your clarification.
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 10:43:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Dixon So,
You wil need to register for Self Assessment to declare the income from your employment in Hong Kong from the date you arrived.
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.