Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 14:10:40 GMT by
I am filling in my first self assessment after leaving my full time position at the end of June 2022. I work in Broadcast and video production in the camera department. Some of this "freelance" work I have had to go through pay role and PAYE because of particular job role or being unable to produce an LP10 letter. I have multiple P45s and a P60 for the tax year but some of them the figures don't seem to collate to the total "pay for year" with that employer. This is confirmed by the values totalled up from payslips with certain employers for that tax year. To complicate, some have had N.I and student loan payments deducted but some haven't. I presume maybe this has been errors on their part or because some of this employments may have overlapped and fees deducted in different places/criteria. I have included details under the employers section for all work I have done where I have received either a P45 or a P60 under that section but am unsure what total fee's to include as it mentions I should be inputting the numbers that are from the P45/P60 forms. If this is the case where do I account for the income discrepancies?
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 15:26:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you have an online personal tax account then you can check the figures supplied by each employer.

Personal tax account: sign in or set up

If the details submitted are incorrect you would need to contact the employer to submit the amended details to HMRC and yourself. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.