Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 20:46:50 GMT by I
Registration for self-assessment I filled in the form to register myself for self-assessment on 27 June 2023. However, I received HMRC's email on 5 July 2023, telling me that HMRC was not able to register me due to incomplete information (see below email). The questions in the form (see below) were left blank because none of them applied to me. Was this the reason why HMRC could not register me for self-assessment? In addition, after submitting the above-mentioned form to the HMRC to register for self-assessment, I received an advice from a chartered accountant, who also provides services to help people file self-assessment tax returns, that I would not need to do self-assessment for Year 2022/2023. So this means that I can disregard the above HMRC's email which asked me to provide more information in order to register me for self-assessment, given that I would not need to do self-assessment for Year 2022/2023 anyway? *** HMRC's email begins here *** Thank you for your form to register for Self Assessment. Unfortunately we are unable to process your registration form for Self Assessment as the form is incomplete. When you re-submit your registration form please ensure all fields are completed and all information supplied is correct. You may wish to check the criteria for Self Assessment which can be found on our website at: https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-tax-returns/who-must-send-a-tax-return. Or alternatively this link may also be of assistance: https://www.gov.uk/check-if-you-need-a-tax-return *** HMRC's email ends here *** *** The questions that were left blank (not applicable to me) in the application to register for self-assessment begin here *** I am a company director (company directors with income taxed at source and no further tax to pay do not need to complete a tax return) Date untaxed income received from Directorship: I'm getting income from land and property in UK Date income from land and property started: I'm getting taxable foreign income of £300 or more Date started receiving taxable foreign income: I receive annual income from a trust or settlement Date annual income from trust/settlement started: My annual income will exceed £100,000 Date my annual income will exceed £100,000: I've untaxed income which cannot be coded in PAYE Date untaxed income received from: The above Child Benefit statement applies to me Date Child Benefit payments started: I have Capital Gains to pay Tax year end date where Capital Gains are owed: Any other reason? What date does this reason apply from: *** Questions end here ***
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 10:54:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If you have been informed you do not meet the criteria then you do not need to follow up on the registration.
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.