Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 08:10:26 GMT by
I moved (permanently) from the UK to the US in July 2022 but had foreign rental income until October 2022 and foreign interest and dividends through April 2023. Do I only declare my foreign income for the months that I was a UK resident (April-July 2022) or for the entire tax year?
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 10:37:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You would only need to declare (and pay any UK tax) on your foreign income based on the time you were actually resident in the UK.

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 19:27:13 GMT by
Thank you. It looks like I'm eligible for split year treatment -- how do I complete form SA109? Can I do it online when I fill out the rest of my Self Assessment?
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:40:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi GA2097
You cannot file online with HMRC software and will need to buy 3rd party software. the whole return must be submitted together in the same format. Self Assessment commercial software suppliers
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.