Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:24:29 GMT by
Hi, I come from Hong Kong. I have a property in Hong Kong with Mortgage on Hong Kong Bank. I have rent the property and get the rental income. I know I need to report the rental income to HMRC. For the mortgage, the bank provide me the Deposit-linked mortgage account which can earn interest with the interest rate same to the mortgage rate. Should I report these interest income to HMRC ? However, I know the mortgage interest cannot use as expense to deduct (residential property). Is it the Deposit-linked mortgage account interest no need report to HMRC? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 15:40:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You will need to report the interest earned as foreign interest, separate from the rental income received.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.