Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 17:41:07 GMT by
While filing my tax return for the year 2021 - 2022, I made payments on account for 2022 - 2023. These payments are not reflected on the calculation for 2022 - 2023, though. Instead, the full tax liability + payments on account for 2023 - 2024 are showing. Should I simply subtract my payments on account from 2022 - 2023 when I make payment? Thanks
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 17:09:51 GMT by
Hi dlflpg, I've asked the exact same question - I'm at a loss as to how to reflect these payments too! Sorry this isn't an answer for you but wanted to let you know I'm waiting a response too. Regards MarlonCR
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 13:05:00 GMT by
I'm not HMRC Admin A calculation of income tax liability is just that - a calculation of how much tax you are liable. It takes account of tax deducted at source (CIS and PAYE) but does not take account payments of tax (if you understand what I'm getting at?). It is the statement you need for details about payments made and how much is owing. But once you submit the return your account should show something like Total due by 31st January and total due by 31st July. With the total due Jan being the balancing payment and first payment on account for next year. In short, calculation won't take account of payments on account. You should deduct the payments you've made towards it. But if you submit and wait a few days, your online account should update and tell you the figures.
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 11:06:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi dlflpg
Yes you subtract them.
The calculation needs to show the full amount due for the year.
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.