Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:12:11 GMT by
I received a tax rebate in February 2023 for “Overpayment from tax return for tax year ending 05 Apr 2022”. My question — do I include this figure in the 'Tax refunded or set-off' section of my return for 2022/2023? This thread ( would suggest not. Thanks, Sam
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 13:41:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You do not need to include a 21/22 rebate in your 22/23 return.
This rebate is 21/22 income, that was over-deducted as tax, so is still part of the 21/22 tax year.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.