Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 06:59:37 GMT by
Hi, I had cancelled the marriage allowance i had given to my partner over the phone. The cancellation was done 2 years ago; however, while doing my self assessment yesterday I realised that due to the incompetence of the HMRC telephony team the cancellation was never done and my personal allowance is reduced by 1260 GBP for financial year 2022-23. So, I and my partner spoke to the HMRC team 3 times yesterday and was promised that its all fixed. My partner rejected the marriage allowance for 2022-23 and I should have the full personal allowance of 12570 for 2022-23. Started doing my assessment again today and I am still not showing the full personal allowance - it shows my personal allowance as 12570 minus marriage allowance transfer 260 = 11310 Can you please help? Whats the correct way to fix it??
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 13:22:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If the marriage allowance transfer was cancelled then it can take up to 3 working days to process. If you are still having this issue then we would need to access your record to review. You can contact HMRC at:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.