Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:05:09 GMT by Jacky142634568
Dear Sir, I arrived in the UK on 14/Nov. 2022, I did not have any income in the UK during the tax year of 2022/23 (Apr 2022 to Apr 2023) but I had covered some insurance policies when I was in Hong Kong ( May 2022) and obtained a dividend of about GBP3,670.- I want to know if I have to make a self-assessment tax return for the split-year treatment to the HMRC for the tax year of 2022/23. Please advise, thank you. Best Regards, 

Name removed admin .
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:20:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you want to apply for split year then yes you need to complete a tax return is this is claimed on the SA109 reidence section.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.