Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2024 13:20:39 GMT by Julia Moreno
Hello, my parents want to gift me 10000 euros to help me with the deposit for a house. Do I need to declare that money? If I save the money on an ISA account, that would generate interest, would that mean I have to pay tax? Thank you and sorry I'm new to all this.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:44:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Julia Moreno,
If your parents reside outside of the UK, they will have no UK tax to pay on the gift.
If you place the gift into an ISA, then any interest it generates, is not taxable.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.