Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:51:49 GMT by
I submitted my self assessment within days of the end of the 2022-23 tax year as I knew I was owed £thousands due to a payment to my pension and need it for a house deposit. However, the system still says nothing is owed to me. I check every few days and nothing. Can anything be done to get HMRC to repay the money they owe? Presumably I will not even get any interest and they will not have to pay any fine. I am going out of my mind. Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:35:54 GMT by
Am I just at the mercy of HMRC as to if/ when I will be repaid the £thousands - with no compensation? Is this normal now? Anything that can be done?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:01:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

We would need to access your record to check on the repayment from your Self Assessment. You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to review.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:38:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

There could be a reason for the delay, if you filed online, please make sure you haveve fully submitted your return, as you would usually receive the calculation immediately after filing. Otherwise, please contact us so we can check on the progress of your repayment.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.