Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 20:28:51 GMT by Promusmp
Hi. I've received 2 VAT returns in last tax year. When filling self-assesments should I add those amounts in gross income or I need to include it in specific field? Thank you
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 10:43:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are paying VAT through VAT accounts, this is money that is not part of your turnover. It is only where you have VAT as part of your turnover that you declare the turnover and claim the VAT as an expense. You can see guidance here:

Self-employment (full) notes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.