Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 23:49:41 GMT by Ricky Cheung
I am not a tax resident in year 2022-2023. However, I wrongly registered self assessment on 4 October 2023. At this moment, I haven't started the self assessment or tax return. May I know what should I do to correct it? Should I just leave it not to process? or should I inform HMRC my such error? Please advise, thanks.
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:57:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Ricky,
Please go through the check if you need to send a tax return tool at Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return.  If the tool confirms that a tax return is not required, then you will need to ontact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility at Contact HMRC, so that they can withdraw the tax return and make your record dormant.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.