Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 03:02:35 GMT by Alan Hart
I have 2 issues and a complaint please. Background is I have been writing to you for YEARS to fix my class 2 NIC tops ups to pay big gaps in my NI record. Issue 1 - I just want to get the confirmation of my class 2 NIC shortfalls 2006 to 2024 and pay the bill Issue 2 - March this year I registered by new address in BRUNEI. Since then you send me two letters with the data from someone else (isnt this a UK DP issue in itself) ? I write to you to correct but no response. I live in a new build house I am the first owner. It is not possible the name you have as ever been near this place. I think he lives in Australia. Complaint - why is correspondence so slow , even when I was in the UK 22/23 written correspondence has at least a 3 month turn around. It shouldnt take me YEARS to resolve a simple issue & pay up my gaps. I need peace of mind on this - it can not take years to answer 1 simple question and then allow me to pay. Thank you. (UK passport holder, UK born and bread)
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2024 09:59:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Alan,
We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing.
Please contact the National Insurance helpline to ask for an update on your application and if necessary a direct referral to the team who are dealing with your application.
The contact number is +44 191 2037010. Lines are open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.