Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 07:08:06 GMT by Essexbetty
I have filed my tax returns for 2022-2023 and they were received by HMRC on 23rd October 2023 and I ha ve a submission receipt reference number. I have applied for Childcare for September 2024 for cannot get a code because HMRC have said the accounts have not been submitted. When I log on the accounts are shown as received. After several phone calls to Self Assessment at HMRC I am no further advanced. They suggest I re-submitt the returns though that will result in a fine as they will be deemed late. I don't know where to go next - have sent a letter to Complaints department but like all HMRC this will probably tanke time. In the meantime I will have to withdraw my daughter from childcare where we have been settling her in before funding started for September and time is now running out. It was all accepted and fine when I applied three months ago and when I reconfirmed as you have to they couldn't find any of my details. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 16:55:31 GMT by Essexbetty
So HMRC have now confirmed that our records for self assessment 2022-23 are all present and correct. Rang Child care and they still can't see the records so won't issue a code. They wouldn't accept the bank statements for the last three months as evidence of earnings. They needed three months of invoices which my husband doesn't issue for the small gardening jobs that he does. Help I don't know what to do next to prove husbands earnings. Time is running out to get the funding for the next three months.
Posted Wed, 04 Sep 2024 06:08:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Essexbetty,
We are sorry for the issues you've experienced in trying to resolve this.
Please try resubmitting your 22/23 return.
Then contact us by webchat or phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
24 - 72 hours after submission, we should be able to confirm if your return has been received, give further advice, and address any penalties that have arisen, if they do.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.