Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:33:11 GMT by tobitobitobi123
My wife lives and works in the UK. She is originally from Germany and still keeps her old German bank account and some savings in Euro. Part of it is kept in a savings account which occasionally generates interest in Euro (worth under £100 per year). Is it true that she wouldn't have to declare this as long as the total interest from savings (foreign and UK savings combined) are still under her allowance of £1000? Or would she need to do a self-assessment as soon as ANY foreign income is involved, no matter how low? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:55:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If your wife is UK resident and domiciled, the income still needs to be declared.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.