Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:34:36 GMT by
I have just made an interim payment to check I have the right details. I used the sort code and account for Shipley, but my bank has recorded it as HMRC Corporation Tax Shipley rather than self assessment. I used the correct reference number. Will the payment end up in the correct place/account?
Posted Fri, 19 Jan 2024 08:45:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi jonman,
If you used the correct Self Assessment reference which is your UTR followed by the letter K the payment should be allocated to your Self Assessment account.
If you allow 7 working days to process to HMRC records you can then check your online account to see if payment allocated.
If not allocated you willl need to contact HMRC to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:46:49 GMT by
Thanks for letting me know. The money has now been credited to my account.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.