Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Jan 2024 11:44:48 GMT by
both my banks reject setting up a new payee flagging it at spam. Letter looks real enough but scammers are professionals too. My previous bank details for HMRC is sort code 08 31 10 with acc no 12001039. the letter uses barclays 250349 acc 60844691. anyone with the same issue? web search does not show much. payment due is 31 jan but I am not paying money into an account the bank flags as suspicious. ringing HMRC is pointless as usual with endless waiting, who has time for that. I guess I can send the money to the original account, verified by my bank and let HMRC sort it out on their end. And if it is a scam, HMRC will just pay me back or use it for next year. The reference number allows for easy matching.
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 15:27:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Crucial3496,
The account details for HMRC Accounts office Cumbernauld are account number 12001039 sort code 083210.
This can be used to make a payment to your Self Assessment (SA) using your UTR with a letter K at the end.
All online payment options are available by selecting the 'pay now' button on our website here:
Pay your Self Assessment tax bill
As of February 2022 you are able to make payments for your SA liabilities through the HMRC App.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.