Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:53:52 GMT by
Hi. I am in a long term relationship. However we are not married and have not entered a legal civil partnership. My salary went up and i entered to 40% tax bracket. I then received a Self Assessment form. My main query relates to Child Benefit. This is in my partner's name for our youngest child. My partner doesn't work, therefore has no taxable income. Is this benefit something I should declare and am liable for?
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 13:01:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Christopher Lynskey,
If either partner earns over £50,000, this must be declared irrespective of which partner receives the benefit.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.