Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:08:04 GMT by Richard
If you are a USA/UK dual national permanently residing the UK are your UK State Pension monthly payments subject to US tax?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2024 12:53:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Our expertise lies only with UK tax implications.  You would need to check this with the IRS or a financial adviser. The UK has the right to tax them, as you are resident in the UK. If you are also taxable in the USA, you should claim a tax credit for UK tax paid, so that you do not pay the same tax twice.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.