Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 07:15:58 GMT by
Hi, I have my address on my HMRC profile updated to the latest one. When applying for self-assessment to issue my UTR, I filled in the forms and submitted it. I first, yesterday, received a confirmation of the application. This morning, I have received an email from HMRC titled "Action Required: HMRC Application Rejected" with the following content: ``We have received your application to register for self-employment for MR . We are unable to process your application because the address provided does not match our records. WHAT TO DO NOW You will need to check or update your address before resubmitting the form. You can check and update your address online using your Personal Tax Account.`` However, my address is updated and all is fine. I am not sure what to do next as the on phone self-assessment service is closed.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:02:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you continue to have issues, contact our Self Assessment team by clicking 'Ask HMRC Online' to contact us by webchat, if you advise you are having issues registering online we will be able to register you.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.