Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:40:15 GMT by Grace Weddell
Hi There, I am a dual Canadian/UK Citizen and will be moving to Vancouver in May 2024. I will be operating as a consultant with a contract written in UK Contractors Law and paid in GBP. What is the process for taxation in the UK as I want to avoid double taxation in Canada. I assume my Student Loan (Plan 2) and National Insurance is still payable?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:23:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Grace Weddell,
Please refer to this guidance regarding leaving the UK
Tax if you leave the UK to live abroad
 For advice regarding your Student Loan, please contact the SLC:
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.