Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:18:26 GMT by Suj Men
I recently learned that we have to claim back (additional 20% for higher tax payer) pension contributions made from my workplace to my pension. While filing the self-assessment form online, I made the entries paid for 2023-2024 tax year. Searching online, I found we can claim for last 4 years as well if it wasn't claimed then. My question is, where do we need to enter this in the self assessment form. I can't find any section where it says to enter the pension contributed for last 3 tax years.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:25:46 GMT by Suj Men
just checking aagain, if anyone has come across this situation?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:21:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You cannot claim for the previous years on the latest return and will need to write in for this separately. you will need to confirm the amount for each year and if over £10,000 you will need to supply evidence of the payment.
This should be sent to:
HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment BX9 1AS.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.