Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:46:38 GMT by
I sent the paper self-assessment form (I am overseas) with a recorded delivery and I can see that it was delivered however HMRC doesn't have the form (I called today). I spent an hour on hold today and the call eventually dropped so don't know what my options are. I don't have a copy of my original form (my mistake), only the proof it was sent. What can I do now? Do I request a new paper form? Last time it took a month to be sent to me. Can I fill in an online form inytead? I don't want to pay a penalty as it was not a mistake on my part.
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 12:51:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to download and print off the tax return below and resubmit:

Self Assessment tax return forms

If you have evidence the tax return was received by HMRC, you should appeal any late filing penalties.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.