Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:43:30 GMT by George--
My son and I own a rental property as joint tenants. At the moment we have an agreement I would take 100% of the rental income, my question is do I only need to submit a self-assessment and not my son as he doesn't receive any rental income as my understanding is joint property ownership which is not with a spouse does not have to be 50%:50% divide.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:53:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please have a look at the guidance on jointly owned property at:
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.