Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:44:49 GMT by
My local government authority refunded my pension (Local Government Pension Scheme) contributions relevant to a previous employment. It seems that they already deducted 20% income tax in leu of the tax relief while paying the refund. Do I need to declare this refund amount in the self assessment form and pay additional tax? If I need to declare this, where should I indicate this item in the form?
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:10:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No, you do not declare this as its a refund of contributions already paid by you.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 11:49:12 GMT by
Thank you very much for the clarification.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.