I requested a repayment online on the 9th May. I chased today - more than 6 weeks later - and was told (after holding for 50 minutes) they couldn't ask me the "additional security checks" as they didn't hold enough information for me. No idea what more information they could possibly want!! I was told to write to them to request the refund but they couldn't advise of the service level agreement to process this as they're in backlog and it would depend when they receive the letter. I was simply told to send the letter and call a week later to check for a timeframe - I'm guessing another 50 minutes hold time, probably to be told nothing. As always, if we owe money we have a very short time to pay this - but it's a completely different story when HMRC owe us money, obviously!! Then, to top it off, I wasn't given an address to send the letter to - so no doubt it'll now get lost!! All of this because I had to make a payment last year - which I KNEW wasn't owed, but HMRC apparently know best - now I need to spend hours of MY time trying to get my money back. Disgusting - if this was how I conducted my business I'd not have any clients!