Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:59:30 GMT by psingh01
I purchased a buy to let property as tenants in common with 99% interest to my spouse and 1% interest to myself. Do I need to complete any further forms for HMRC?

Name amdt admin .
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:47:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi psingh01,
The default split for spouses and civil partners for jointly owned property is 50/50.
To elect to change this to the unequal split as tennants in common, will require the completion of form 17, declaring the change.
Please note that the completed form and deed of trust, must be in HMRC possession within 60 days of form 17 beings signed.
Late submission will always be rejected and a new submission will be required.
Declare beneficial interests in joint property and income
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.