Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 12:00:26 GMT by
After entering into an IVA, I was issued with a new Gateway ID and UTR number. So far so good, I can log into my SA account using my original UTR, however when I try to login with the new UTR it tells me the following message. We have found your personal tax account under a different Government Gateway user ID To protect your information, access to your personal tax account was limited to the user ID below, ending with 4543. You are currently signed in with the user ID ending with 5708. To access your personal tax information you need to sign in again with the following user ID: User ID Ending with 4543 Email G******Last signed in 20 January 2024 at 10:32 AM Text message Ending with 71300 Authenticator app HMRC app I have tried multiple departments/phone numbers ending in 3402, 3600, 3401 and 3300, all of whom say they can't help and pass me on. I've also tried the webchat option. I've been making monthly payments which show in my old account upto July '23 but then the payments went to my new UTR monthly thereafter which I can't see. But I have had confirmation that they've been received. Now, that's a lot of information to get through, when all I want is for somebody to link the 2 accounts together and allow me to see all payments. I sincerely somebody can help. TIA
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:39:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Brooneye,
Due to the IVA, you now need to submit information using the new UTR.
You will need to set up a new gateway account for this.
Any payments you make should also be on the new UTR.
The 2 accounts will not be linked on your gateway as the old one will now be classed as closed up to the year the IVA took place.
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 22:22:46 GMT by
Hi, I have previously set up a new gateway for the new UTR, but when I log into it, I get this message "We have found your personal tax account under a different Government Gateway user ID To protect your information, access to your personal tax account was limited to the user ID below, ending with 4543. You are currently signed in with the user ID ending with 5708. To access your personal tax information you need to sign in again with the following user ID: User ID Ending with 4543" 4543 is my old gateway and 5708 is my new one. Somebody has not closed the old gateway and therefore I cannot move forward to the new one. Nobody I have spoken to at HMRC seems to understand this and therefore I am unable to move forward.
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:18:55 GMT by
Should I go online using my original UTR number and register as stopped self employment with that ID and that will automatically close it and allow me to login with my new UTR?
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 15:35:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Your old UTR will be closed, so you would now need to enrol using your new UTR to allow you to file your tax return. For assistance on how to do this you can contact our online services team.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 16:03:21 GMT by
That’s the thing though, this has been ongoing for over a year now and my old UTR has still not been closed. I have enrolled with the new UTR over a year ago but cannot access the account
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 13:21:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Brooneye,
To progress this further, you will have to contact our Self Assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility here:
Self Assessment: online technical support
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:55:40 GMT by
Hello, just me again. Gone round and round in circles from one dept to the next. SA helpline have confirmed that the original UTR account has been closed. Spoken to the SA login helpline who said it's nothing to do with them and I need to speak to the digital helpline. Anyone got a phone number/email address for this digital helpline? TIA
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 06:53:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Brooneye,
If you are having issues accessing your online account using your new UTR then you will need to contact our online helpdesk
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.