Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:49:52 GMT by
Hi, I plan to make an additional one-off contribution to my employer's private pension fund of over £10k. On the website, I read, "If you’re paying in an amount greater than £10,000, you’ll need to contact HMRC to claim the tax relief.". As I need also to file a self-assessment tax return, do I still need to write to HMRC to claim the additional tax relief or is it automatically sorted through the self-assessment tax return?
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:07:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It will be sorted through your tax return, but if you wish to benefit from it earlier, you would need to write in with evidence for your code to be amended.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.