Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 02:17:39 GMT by
I'm completing my self-assessment and everything is fine apart from the section titled "Underpaid tax included in PAYE coding (Page 2 of 2)". In this section it states "Our records show that your 2022 to 2023 PAYE Notice of Coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid." however the figure stated is £0, I don't believe £0 is correct, as I upgraded company cars and was still paying for the less valuable car for most of the year, so I should have underpaid tax. The issue is I don't believe I received a notice of coding this year (possibly due to a house move), so I don't know what the correct figure to insert is. I have looked online, but can't seem to locate the Notice of Coding anywhere on my account. I can view my 2022/23 end of year tax code, which is K99X and states "£990 needs to be added to your pay or pension so the extra tax can be collected." If I can't locate my coding notice anywhere, do I enter 20% of £990 = £198 as the additional tax payable, as my earnings fall comfortably within the basic rate range.
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:00:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You would need to contact our Self Assessment team so we can review the code to check if an underpayment was included.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.