Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:10:12 GMT by
Starting form FY2017-18 the Financial Cost (i.e. Interest on Mortgage) in the required 25% , 50% ...etc. qualifies for Basic Rate Tax Relief on the Income from the Rented Property. I have always submitted my SA, but have missed to include the "Residential property finance costs” in any of the previous years up to FY2022-23. How do I submit a claim for overpayment relief to HMRC and what is the furthest back FY I can do that? Going back 4 years from when to when? What is the deadline for submitting this to HMRC? Please, provide the address and if possible the Form I need to fill in? Thank you
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:03:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
The guidance on claiming overpayment relief is below:
SACM12150 - Overpayment relief: Form of claims
If your write in before 05/04/2024 you can claim back to the 2019-20 year.  
The address is:
PAYE Self-Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
You can amend your 2021-22 online before the 31/01/2024 & your 2022-23 return before 31/01/2025 if you originally submitted those returns online.
Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 19:13:05 GMT by Sam
Hi HMRC If I claim " property income allowance" for my rented out property, can I also claim the mortgage interest in "Residental property financial cost" for my final rax reduction? If yes, in online form, after entering 1000 for rented out property allowance, I was not allowed to ener the property financial cost. May I know I have to enter it elsewhere in the form?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.