Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:21:45 GMT by
Hello, I have arrived UK on 1 Feb 2023 from Hong Kong via BNO visa. For the self-assment of 2022 - 2023, I understand that I need to submit SA109 form for split assessment. However, do I need to report the income (salary and interest) I earned in Hong Kong before my arrvial to UK. If positive, which forms should I submit? Thank you very muh.
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:36:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Axel668,
No,under the terms of the double taxation treaty, payment for employment carried out in Hong Kong is only taxable there.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.