Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 10:56:12 GMT by Idan M
Hey Forum, I received an error when trying to submit my self-assessment for the years 2023-24. it is the first time I have gotten an error so not sure what will be the next step and hope you will be able to help. Error 6594 Self-Calculation Case - The total tax overpaid in box [CAL2] does not agree with the calculated value. the difference is £128.80. please check. I thought it might be related to currency exchange differences, so I used a different exchange rate, but I kept getting the error with the amount of £128.80. I tried to remove and re-insert some sections but got the same number. I thought I would be able to submit the tax early this year, but completely got stuck. do you know what the section could impact box [CAL2]? or any other suggestions? Thanks,
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 07:45:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi 
Your self calculated figure does not match the Self Assessment calculated figure.
You are out by £128.80.
As we do not know what you have declared on the tax return, we cannot suggest how you may correct this, in this forum.
Can you compare your calculation to the Self Assessment calculation to see if there is an obvious difference.
You may need to contact our Self Assesment helpline to take a look at your account:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:44:24 GMT by Idan M
Thanks for your feedback, I was able to spot the relevant amount and submit the Self Assessment, it would be great if there was a way to schedule a zoom call with one of the HMRC helpline employees when they are available instead of trying to call the very busy line. thanks for your service  .

Feedback .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.