Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 21:43:47 GMT by JMNI
I have a second property which is let via an agent. It generates a small profit after all management costs which goes entirely to my children. Whilst I am an administrator in this, I am essentially a volunteer. Who should be completing the self assessment? Me as me, or me on behalf of my children? They already have early NI numbers for other reasons.
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:21:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
If the property is in your name, it is your income irrespective of what you do with it.
The Self Assessment Tax return would be for you.
You also need to include any other income you receive.
If the property is in the childrens' names, then if woudl be for them to complete the tax returns (as minors, it would be you completing them on their behalf)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.